Learn to teach yin yoga: Yin Yoga Teacher Training in Brisbane with Nicole Loxley Gorry
Join our online yin yoga teacher training course to experience the slower, deeper practice and learn how to share it with your students.
‘Yin and yang are descriptive terms that are used to describe all levels of phenomena. Yin is the stable, unmoving, hidden aspect of an object. Yang is the changing, moving, revealing aspect of an object.’ – Paul Grilley, Yin Yoga: Principles and Practice
This course will allow you to understand the concept of Yin Yoga from both a traditional and modern anatomical view. It is designed to offer you a comprehensive understanding of the benefits of the wonderful practice of yin yoga, both mentally and physically.
In Yin, we travel deeper - deeper into the body, deeper into the mind, as the meditative state of yoga transfuses into the way we hold Yin poses - that little bit longer, accepting and surrendering to what the body needs in each pose. Our Yin Yoga Teacher Training is reflective of this, going deeper than before, into your yogic knowledge, your awareness of your body, and your understanding of your students.
Yin yoga is a practice designed to increase circulation and improve the flexibility of a body by holding poses that target a person’s connective tissues including the fascia, tendons and ligaments. You will learn how to use yin yoga to promote growth, clear energetic blockages, and create balance within the mind and the body.
Yin Yoga is a popular style of practice among yoga students and studying yin yoga teacher training will enhance your employability as a yoga teacher and greatly enhance your skill set.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Yin yoga postures with alignment, variations, adjustments and prop use
- Sequencing principles of yin yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology as it pertains to yin yoga
- Understand the scientific reasoning behind extended stretching
- Learn how to use Deep Myofascial Release in yin yoga therapy
- Understand the difference between working with connective tissue and stretching muscles
- Deliver a balanced yin yoga approach to physical and mental health through teaching
- How yin yoga prepares the mind for meditation and offers us deeper dimensions in practice, something beyond the physical postures.
- You will learn how yin yoga addresses the deeper spiritual dimensions of yoga, with attention to the chakras, breathing exercises, and meditation.
- Yoga Therapy tools as applied through yin yoga
ABOUT THE ZAMA INSTITUTE
The Zama Institute was founded by Zama Yoga Owner, Senior Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist, Nicole Gorry. Zama has been delivering teacher training with the Yoga & Integrative Medicine Institute (YIMI), where Nicole is a co-founder, since 2013. In 2019, the Zama Institute is delivering world-class, internationally recognised training backed by years of experience in the field. The Zama Institute brings you experienced teachers with a wealth of knowledge and an excellent support team to help you through your study. Our goal is to see you succeed. Join us today.
upcoming intakes pricing & enrolment
Click on each intake below for more details.
20HR ONLINE YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
In Yin, we travel deeper – deeper into the body, deeper into the mind, as the meditative state of yoga transfuses into the way we hold Yin poses – that little bit longer, accepting and surrendering to what the body needs in each pose. Our Yin Yoga Teacher Training is reflective of this, going deeper than before, into your yogic knowledge, your awareness of your body, and your understanding of your students.
Prerequisites & Course Registration
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies.
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a range of courses with Zama Institute to upgrade your qualification.
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Anatomy Trains by Tom Myers
This Yin Yoga courses attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies.
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a range of our courses to upgrade your qualification.
- 2 soft rubber bouncy balls (not tennis balls), available at the counter at Rebel Sport
For home practice, the additional props are required:
- yoga mat
- 2 bolsters
- 2 blocks
- 1 yoga strap
- 2 yoga blankets (at least)
"Thank you for a wonderful weekend of yoga. I so appreciate attending your training as you share so much knowledge with us in such an accessible way - such great quality! I am looking forward to exploring yin for myself and then sharing it with my students." - M.J., 2018
"Thank you so much for a brilliant two days of Yin with Nicole Loxley, it was a wonderful training opportunity." - M.S., 2018
We have lots of further information on our Teacher Training FAQ’s page such as: