Spring is here! What better time to rejuvenate your body and prepare for the season ahead? This month we have decided to shine the spotlight on Spinach. This gorgeous, green leafy vegetable is a great way to increase your vitamin, minerals and antioxidants intake.
Spinach has some pretty amazing health benefits. Including improving muscle strength and eyesight, strengthening bones through increased mineralisation and finally, spinach is an amazing anti-inflammatory. Popeye was definitely onto something!
To help you make the most of this powerful veggie we have found a simple green smoothie recipe for you. A perfect treat for the warm, sunny days that are on the way! This recipe is quick to make and would go down perfectly after you finish your heated yoga class :-).
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mango (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 bananas (frozen or fresh)
- Place the 2 cups of spinach into the blender.
- Add half of the water blend together. Add the remainder of the water and blend until all of the chunky bits are gone.
- Add mango, pineapple and bananas and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into a cup of your choice and ENJOY!
Recipe by Jadah Sellner and Jen Hansard <3