Spring is the perfect time to clean out your body with a simple detox.
Increase your intake of . . .
- Water, water, water and more water (flush out the bad stuff)
- Lentils and legumes
- Fish (aim for three times a week)
- Good fats (nuts such as almonds, avocadoes, olive oil)
- Antioxidant-rich foods (berries, superfoods – see list below)
- Lemon juice – have it with/on everything (salads, meat, water, tea)
Do more . . .
- Exercise – get to a zama class
- Things that make you feel good – meditation, going to the beach, having a bath, even a cuddle can improve your health)
Sleep better . . .
- Get 8 hours and gon’t go to sleep any later than 10pm or wake any later than 6am
- Don’t watch TV or use computers or mobile phones before bed
- If you’re having trouble sleeping, increase foods such as pumpkins seeds and walnuts that assist melatonin levels
- Try meditation to slow the mind
Reduce or eliminate . . .
- Red meat
- Processed meat, including ham
- Artificial sweetner (you should eliminate this entirely for good!)
- Cigarettes (these too!)
- Processed and packaged foods
- Preservatives, additives, artificial colours and flavours (anything with a “number” in the ingredients)
- Fried, fatty foods
- Diary (except yoghurt)
- Refined white flour (opt for spelt, rye etc)
- Rice, cous cous and pasta (choose Quinoa and wholegrains)
Superfoods to add to your diet . . .
- Purple carrots
- Chia seeds
At first you may feel unwell as toxins are released, but with time you will feel better and much healthier, with increased energy and better mood levels. Let us know how you go on Facebook.