Salad in a Jar
The perfect healthy lunch on-the-go!
Makes 6 salads – recipe can be reduced to make less salads
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large jar
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 1/2 cups cooked organic edamame
- 1 1/2 cups chopped capsicum
- 1 1/2 cups seeds of your choice (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc)
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 large jars
1. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar, shaking well until combined. Allow to sit for 10 mins.
2. In the 6 salad jars, add 2 tablespoons of dressing to each jar. Add 1/4 cup edamame, 1/4 cup grated carrots, 1/4 cup seeds and 1/4 cup diced capsicum per jar. Lastly, add 1 cup kale and 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce to the top of each jar.
3. Shake jar well to distribute dressing before serving. You can either add the salad straight out of the jar, or pour it into a bowl before eating. Salads will last a few days if kept refrigerated.
Sourced from the lovely Kris Carr.