This pumpkin soup recipe is soul warming and sure to make you feel great on the inside! There is nothing better than a wholesome bowl of soup to warm the body on a cold winters night. This recipe is simple to follow and is to make if you’re hungry for a light meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup garlic, peeled and diced
- 750g diced pumpkin,
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup rosemary
- crusty bread
- Cut up all of the vegetables.
- Put a large saucepan over a medium heat and pour in the olive oil.
- Add the diced onion and garlic into the saucepan and cook until the onion becomes transparent and soft.
- Place the pumpkin, water and rosemary into the saucepan. Put a lid on the saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil. When the soup has started to boil, let it simmer for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft. Make sure to stir the mixture occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Using a stick blender puree the soup until it is smooth and free of any lumps.
- Pour into bowls and enjoy with a piece of crusty bread!
Recipe courtesy of Lynda <3