One of our beyond lovely yogis, Paula, made us some of these delicious Raw Cacao Balls and we couldn’t stop munching on them!
Raw Cacao Balls
- 1 cup pitted dates (or prunes)
- 1 cup almonds (or 3/4 cup almond meal)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup goji berries (or cranberries)
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Extra shredded coconut to roll balls in
Soak dates in warm water to soften, for 15 minutes or so.
Add almonds, cacao, coconut, coconut oil, cinnamon and chia to a food processor and blend. Add dates and mix.
For a mixture that seems too dry, add a tablespoon of water or a touch more coconut oil.
Let it sit for 10 minutes then remove from food processor and combine with goji berries (or cranberries).
Roll mixture into balls, then roll balls in extra coconut and leave in the fridge until firm.