20HR KUNDALINI YOGA MEDITATION
Expand your Kundalini knowledge and practice with Kundalini Yoga & Meditation training. According to ancient eastern wisdom, Kundalini is the store of latent energy lying dormant at the base of the spinal column. Through the practice of Kundalini Yoga, this energy source is stimulated to rise up the spinal column and activate the pineal gland. Once activated, the pineal gland enables you to use the energy of the mind and emotions in a more positive and effective way.
Kundalini Yoga uses previously secret, ancient and powerful techniques originating in India and brought to the West by Yogi Bhajan in 1968. Practicing Kundalini Yoga helps to raise consciousness so we can better understand ourselves and live a more harmonious life. Involving a dynamic blend of physical postures, breathing techniques, meditation, mantra and relaxation, Kundalini Yoga can be practiced by anyone regardless of age, fitness and experience.
Kundalini Yoga is a safe and effective way to reduce stress and anxiety and bring balance to the body, mind and soul. A regular practice of Kundalini Yoga activates the glandular system, strengthens the nervous system, expands lung capacity, purifies the bloodstream and builds core body strength.
Join us and learn the power of kundalini yoga and how to share it with others.
“A person who has the patience to allow the mind to go through its antics while remaining firmly planted, will experience something. That “something” is different for each individual, but it will be, in some way or another, a reawakening of the self. With this new awareness comes inner change, then outer change.”
~Shakti Parwha Kaur
Kundalini Meditation therapy offers a range of exquisite and various techniques for creating lasting mental and physical change. Various kriyas and meditations will be passed on to you as taught as by Yogi Bhajan to attend to specific therapeutic applications of body, mind and heart. Through the practice of kundalini meditation as a therapy you will be able to offer your self and your students a steadier frame of mind and a valuable holistic yogic framework for well being, including increased vitality and improved mental and physical health.
Creating virtuous life cycles through the scientific application of angles in asana and kriyas for meditation is part of the kundalini experience. You will explore the subtle body teachings of nadi, chakra and prana to effect kundalini. You will learn how to apply and teach sound (naad), bodily gestures (mudra), breathing techniques (pranayama), eye gaze (dristhi) and mental focus (dharana) to create long lasting personal transformation.
“Meditation is a process…At any time which is peaceful (the best is the early morning time, before the dawn), you’ll be surprised that in a couple of minutes a lot of thoughts will start coming to you—the X-rated thoughts, the ugly, angry thoughts. If you let those thoughts pass by, this is meditation. All those thoughts that can pass at that moment of your life can never enter your subconscious mind, and they will not bother you again. This procedure of cleansing the mind is called meditation…It takes about three minutes to get those kinds of thoughts. And sometimes they continue to bug you for about half an hour. But, if you physically don’t move, the mind becomes still. That is the foundation, or the beginning of the meditative mind. Once your mind starts becoming still and not having any thoughts, you will feel cozy, and that coziness cannot be described even by me. All I can tell you is that it is very comfortable, it is very cozy, and you will want to do it again and again. But in the beginning you cannot do it for a long time. Gradually, as you develop that coziness, this thought-hitting process becomes shorter and shorter.”
What you will learn
- A range of extraordinary Kundalini yogi Kriyas and meditation techniques that carefully support the mind and body with precision and awareness
- Meditation techniques as taught by Yogi Bhajan tailored to specific applications
- Meditations to reduce stress and anxiety, reduce depressive tendencies and addictions
- Meditations to open the heart and lead a more heart centred life
- Meditations to increase vitality and improve health conditions
- Delve into the subconscious mind and cleanse the mind
- Employ the use of breath, mantra, mudra, bhandha to focus and still the mind.
- Understand the yogic framework for health and disease
- Understand yoga and the mind, psychology and mental health and the teachings and philosophy that lead to personal transformation.
- Kundalini Yoga postures for meditation including science of angles and application of kriya’s to generate virtuous life cycles
- Pranayama techniques to bring the mind to stillness; breath retention and the vital use of body’s bandhas to assist in pranayama
- Understanding Drishti to focus the mind for meditation, Dharana or concentration including benefits and applications of the eye focus including the Third Eye, Lotus Point, Moon Centre and more.
- Understanding Mudra to experience the qualities of different hand positions. Gyan, Buddhi, Shuni and Ravi mudras as well as Venus Lock and their relationship to mastering the elements.
- Understanding Naad and the conscious Power of sound and mantra to raise the Kundalini.
- Experiencing subtle body and teachings others to do the same.
Samantha Lindsay-German is a powerful, engaging teacher with an enormous healing capacity. Sam’s energy is palpable ~ you can feel her powerful presence.
As a teacher, Samantha wisely unfolds and generously shares the teachings of Kundalini and Hatha yoga. As both a wife and a mother (to four beautiful children!), the gift of family life is instrumental to her teachings and you can easily connect with her gentle heart. She is an incredibly emotionally intelligent woman, who places harmonious interpersonal relationships as a priority in her daily life.
The Kundalini Yoga Meditation course is scheduled for Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd June 2019 at Zama Yoga Toowong.
Prerequisites & Course Registration
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies. If you complete non-contact requirements, you will be issued with a 20hr certificate. If you only attend the contact hours, you will be issued with a 12hr certificate.
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a range of courses with Zama Institute to upgrade your qualification.
- The Eight Human Talents by Gurmukhi Kaur Khalsa
Out of stock