Welcome to Zama! We can't wait to meet you.
The best news is all of our classes are suitable for beginner yogis. We give options in class so you don't need to do something that doesn't feel right and Balasana (child's pose) is always there if you need it.
For those of you not ready for a class, we also have a beginner's course which is a great place for you to start if you have some hesitations.
That being said, why not just jump in and try a class? There's nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Create an online profile by following the link to your local studio below – this will save you time before your first class and we will be able to find you in the system as soon as you get to the studio. Once you've created an account, you will be able to make sure you take advantage of the new client deals for your studio! You will also then be able to log in to check your existing pass or membership (as well as buy new ones), buy gift certificates and make bookings for courses and workshops (we don’t take bookings for regular classes except for aerial yoga classes and special events).
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
TIPS FOR NEW ZAMIS
- Let your teacher know that your new - they are there to help you
- Tell your teacher how you felt you went - we want to know
- Rest when you need to - Child's pose is your friend
- Follow your teacher's instructions - they are trained and know what they are doing
- Check out our FAQs - you've probably got lots of the same questions new Zamis have had before. If you can't find an answer, call us! We love to chat.
- Stay hydrated but don't eat or drink too much before class and don't guzzle water during class - small sips are best
- Listen to your body, don't do anything that doesn't feel right - that's what yoga is about
From hot vinyasa and hot power yoga to traditional hatha, deep yin and gentle restorative, you will reap the full benefits yoga has to offer at Zama Yoga classes. Be ready for increased strength and flexibility, less pain in your body and a happier, healthier life.
Pilates will make your body stronger and change the way you move for the better. Zama’s Pilates classes are a blend of classical and contemporary Pilates, with the help of props and a fun playlist - it’s amazing how some banging beats can help you tone!
Barre is the unique combination of ballet, yoga and Pilates, using the ballet barre and other props, set to banging beats. But don’t worry - you don’t need to be Michael Jackson to do a barre class, in fact there’s no dance experience required. You just need to let loose and have fun, and we’ll make sure you're sweating and your muscles are working (seriously, after barre you’ll discover muscles you didn’t even know you had!).
Set to brilliant tunes, this class is just pure fun. Come dance and shake your booty and feel the rhythm deep down inside. Using repetitive, targeted movements, this class will make your muscles burn, your heart race and face smile. And you will KNOW you're alive. No dance, yoga or Pilates experience necessary. Just come and lose yourself here.