- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 600g sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 500g carrots, peeled & sliced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Toasted bread croutons to serve
1. Heat oil, then add onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 mins, stirring frequently.
2. Mix in coriander, cumin and chilli powder, cook for 1 minute then add sweet potato and carrot.
3. After 5 mins, add stock and bring to boil. Simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
4. Add chickpeas and simmer until chickpeas are tender.
5. Blend soup until smooth, then return saucepan to medium/low heat and season with salt and pepper to serve.
7. Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in lemon and season with salt and pepper.