If you’re looking to load up on nutrients before the holidays come around, look no further than the queen of all greens, Kale. Our ingredient of the month is a beautiful vegetable that can be used in a variety of different ways and comes with many health benefits!
Kale is one of the most nutritiously dense foods available. Containing vitamins A, B6, C, K, Manganese and Calcium… just to name a few! It also contains multiple antioxidants such as quercetin and kaempferol. Kale has amazing healing powers such as decreasing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, anti-viral power, and anti-cancer effects.
To help you make the most of the gorgeous green we have found a ‘genius kale salad recipe’ for you to try. This refreshing salad is a perfect treat for cooling off after the hot summer days that are to come.
Preparation time | 10 mins Cooking time | 35 mins
- 1/2 cup peeled, cubed squash
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch of finely sliced kale (ribs removed)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped aged cheddar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Pecorino or any other hard cheese, for shaving
- Preheat your oven to 220C and prepare a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Toss the squash in a coat of oil and salt and pepper. Spread evenly over the baking tray. Roast for 30-40 mins, or until caramelized and golden. On a separate tray arrange the almonds and bake for 10 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the kale, almonds, cheddar, and squash parapharmacie viagra. Drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad into two bowls and garnish with the Pecorino cheese.