Inspired by Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar recipes, these potato chips will keep you fuller for longer with nutrient dense coconut oil and mineral rich Himalayan salt. Such a great snack idea! For our Toowoomba Zamis, grab a couple of Spring Lakes Farm organic sweet potatoes next time you’re at the studio and support local farmers while you’re at it!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 – 1 cup of coconut oil, melted
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line three baking trays with baking paper.
- If you have a food processor, cut the sweet potato into lengths narrow enough to fit into your feeder. Attach the slicing tool and feed the potato through. Alternatively, finely slice the potatoes. Place the potato slices in a bowl if not using a food processor.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the slices of potato. Use your hands to coat the slices of potato in the oil.
- Lay the slices of potato onto the baking paper, keeping them single layer and giving them enough space to cook evenly. Grind salt over the slices.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20mins.
- Eat! Or keep them in an airtight container, probably for about a week. You might need to drain the oil off to keep them crisp.