Goat’s Cheese & Mushroom Brioche Toast
Prep time 30 mins | Cook time 10 mins | Total time 40 mins
This mushroom brioche toast is a simple recipe to make as a starter or even a lunchtime snack! The combination of the creamy goat’s cheese with those garlicky mushrooms makes this recipe wholesome and delicious, it also looks great too! Not convinced yet? Well, we should probably mention that mushrooms have extreme antioxidant power! Even more so than some of their colourful veggie counterparts (think carrots and tomatoes). Best of all these antioxidants aren’t destroyed by heating or cooking.
- 6 white mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp goat’s cheese
- a pinch of fresh arugula
- 1 brioche bun
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1 tsp pink pepper
- a drizzle of olive oil
- Cut the bun in half and toast until golden or cooked to your liking. Put aside to cool. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Peel the garlic clove and mash the garlic into a fine pulp under the blade of your knife. Heat a non-stick pan with a dash of oil and the sprig of thyme. Once the pan has reached a medium temperature add the garlic. Fry for 2-minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the mushrooms for roughly 6 – 8 minutes or until golden brown. Take the mushrooms off the heat.
- Spread the goat’s cheese over both sides of the brioche bun. Place these onto your plates.
- Top the buns with the cooked mushrooms and a handful of the arugula salad. Drizzle with extra olive oil and season well. Serve and most importantly, enjoy!
Recipe by June Darville