This comprehensive post graduate 100hr Diploma in Yoga & Meditation will equip you with the knowledge and skills to teach specific styles of yoga and meditation that are currently highly popular and sort after. It consists of 5 weekend modules, including Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yoga, Kundalini Yoga Meditation and Trauma Sensitive Yoga.
Upon completion, you will have the ability to deliver classes and one-on-one sessions in each style. This course will enhance your skill set and employability as a yoga teacher and or therapist.
YIN YOGA: WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Yin yoga postures with alignment, variations, adjustments and prop use
- Sequencing principles of yin yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology as it pertains to yin yoga
- Understand the scientific reasoning behind extended stretching
- Learn how to use Deep Myofascial Release in yin yoga therapy
- Understand the difference between working with connective tissue and stretching muscles
- Deliver a balanced yin yoga approach to physical and mental health through teaching
- How yin yoga prepares the mind for meditation and offers us deeper dimensions in practice, something beyond the physical postures.
- You will learn how yin yoga addresses the deeper spiritual dimensions of yoga, with attention to the chakras, breathing exercises, and meditation.
- Yoga Therapy tools as applied through yin yoga
YOGA NIDRA: WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to teach students to consciously explore the waking state, the dreaming state, the sleeping state and how to experience all three collectively
- Understand and teach brain wave patterning and common states of mind related to such patterns
- How to impart evidenced based research into yoga nidra
- Understand and teach how yoga nidra cam assist in mental health disorders
- How to teach the practice of yoga nidra
- Body-mind integration understanding
- How to achieve better concentration through yoga nidra
- How to change mental habits and achieve greatest potential
- Learn how to restructure experiences and revaluate situations with students
- Exploring the effective use of intentions, or sankalpas
- Understand Yoga philosophy and the mind in relation to current mental health framework
- Learn yoga therapy and meditation tools for delivering yoga teachings and philosophy to groups and individual in both clinical and private settings
RESTORATIVE YOGA: WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Restorative Yoga Asanas
- Restorative Yoga sequencing
- Touch adjustments
- Accurate and precise Alignment tutelage
- Correct prop usage – chairs, blocks, straps, sand bags, blankets, straps, eye pillows
- Pranayama with Props
- Yoga for ailments
- Physiology of relaxation
KUNDALINI YOGA MEDITATION: WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- A range of extraordinary Kundalini yogi Kriyas and meditation techniques that carefully support the mind and body with precision and awareness
- Meditation techniques as taught by Yogi Bhajan tailored to specific applications
- Meditations to reduce stress and anxiety, reduce depressive tendencies and addictions
- Meditations to open the heart and lead a more heart centred life
- Meditations to increase vitality and improve health conditions
- Delve into the subconscious mind and cleanse the mind
- Employ the use of breath, mantra, mudra, bhandha to focus and still the mind.
- Understand the yogic framework for health and disease
- Understand yoga and the mind, psychology and mental health and the teachings and philosophy that lead to personal transformation.
- Kundalini Yoga postures for meditation including science of angles and application of kriya’s to generate virtuous life cycles
- Pranayama techniques to bring the mind to stillness; breath retention and the vital use of body’s bandhas to assist in pranayama
- Understanding Drishti to focus the mind for meditation, Dharana or concentration including benefits and applications of the eye focus including the Third Eye, Lotus Point, Moon Centre and more.
- Understanding Mudra to experience the qualities of different hand positions. Gyan, Buddhi, Shuni and Ravi mudras as well as Venus Lock and their relationship to mastering the elements.
- Understanding Naad and the conscious Power of sound and mantra to raise the Kundalini.
- Experiencing subtle body and teachings others to do the same.
- Ethical principles of the therapist, transformational role and consciousness of yoga therapist.
TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA: WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to take a guide a student with Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Creating a safe place and trust in therapeutic relationships
- Imparting and Understanding the science of Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Trauma Release Exercises and Neurogenic Yoga
- Basic Counselling skills and Therapeutic Interventions for a Student in trauma
- When and how to refer
- Improving the Relaxation Response
- Creating lasting changes and how to teach students self-empowerment Trauma Release techniques.
ABOUT THE ZAMA INSTITUTE
The Zama Institute was founded by Zama Yoga Owner, Senior Yoga Teacher, Pilates Instructor and Yoga Therapist, Nicole Gorry. Zama has been delivering teacher training with the Yoga & Integrative Medicine Institute (YIMI), where Nicole is a co-founder, since 2013. In 2019, the Zama Institute is delivering world-class, internationally recognised training backed by years of experience in the field. The Zama Institute brings you experienced teachers with a wealth of knowledge and an excellent support team to help you through your study. Our goal is to see you succeed.
upcoming intakes pricing & enrolment
Click on each intake below for more details.
100HR DIPLOMA IN YOGA & MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING
From: $167.00 / month for 12 months and a $250.00 sign-up fee
This 100hr Diploma in Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training is an amazing course which is made up of 5 weekend modules.
- The Yin Yoga Teacher Training course is scheduled for Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th February 2019 at Zama Yoga Toowong.
- The Yoga Nidra Teacher Training course is scheduled for Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th March 2019 at Zama Yoga Toowong.
- The Restorative Yoga Teacher Training course is scheduled Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July 2019 at Zama Yoga Toowong.
- The Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher Training course is scheduled for Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th August 2019 at Zama Yoga Toowong.
- The Kundalini Yoga Meditation course is scheduled for Saturday 31st August & Sunday 1st September 2019 at Zama Yoga Toowong.
Prerequisites & Course Registration
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia and other governing bodies. If you complete non-contact requirements, you will be issued with a 20hr certificate. If you only attend the contact hours, you will be issued with a 12hr certificate.
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a range of courses with Zama Institute to upgrade your qualification.
Upfront Payment, Payment Plan
course registration & delivery
This post graduate Diploma attracts CPD points with Yoga Australia, Yoga Alliance and Meditation Australia.
- zafu (meditation cushion)
- zabuton (meditation cushion base)
- yoga mat
- 2 x yoga blocks
- 2 x yoga blankets (at least)
- 1 x yoga strap
- 1 x eye pillow
- 2 x rubber bouncy balls
- 1 x 19cm Pilates ball
"Thank you for the beautiful mediation course. You provided me with the information, motivation and the tools I needed to engrave mediation into my life. I don’t come from a medical background but found the integration from both the traditional methods with the modern day science finding very helpful to make it so very relevant for today. Beautiful teachers in a beautiful surrounding, I would highly recommend it to everyone." - Joyce
"I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the meditation module. It was amazing to share time and space with teachers who are so passionate and knowledgeable about their fields. I really enjoyed the course material - delving into the sutras a little deeper, and the western science side of mindfulness meditation. An amazing course - I will be back for more!" - Jaime
"I have enjoyed my learning through [this course] immensely. The amount of information and knowledge that all teachers have shared has been greatly appreciated. The required readings, class discussions and resources referred to have opened my mind to soooo much knowledge. Have loved it and am sure will continue to do so in the future. Separate to that, the support provided has been excellent. Thank YOU!" - Yolanda
We have lots of further information on our Teacher Training FAQ’s page such as: